I have had lots of fun reading friends and family's blogs, so I decided it was time to start one of my own. I think that I have finally gotten this blog process figured out. I can be a perfectionist at times and have to make sure everything looks good before I let anyone see the results. I also have a big pet peeve with poor grammar and spelling. It has taken me awhile to get on here and get something posted.
We found out in July that my sister and her husband are moving in with us this month (actually next Saturday, Aug. 23). We knew we had to finish the master bathroom that we have been taking forever to finish. So we cleaned everything out and called in a plumber to help get everything done fast. We had to take out the old tub and put a new one in as well as a new shower surround and raise the water pipe for the shower head, and tub faucet. It looks great now except we still have to finish the last of the drywall around the edge, hook up the vanity and faucet and the toilet.
We also repainted the bathroom again on Monday (like the 3rd time now) to cover up the marks from the old tub coming out and the new stuff going in. Last Tuesday we had to have a plumber come out and fix our water pipes to the water heater as the cold water pipe had a leak where it goes into the water heater. Thank goodness it was a minor fix. We also had a new outdoor faucet handle put on as the old one leaked and had been a big pet peeve for the last nine years. No more water dripping on the cement when the water is turned on. YAY! We are now touching up all of the paint again throughout the house and still have to repaint the hall bathroom.
Next Saturday is my sister's baby shower here, and she is also moving in with her husband that morning, plus we have to get the food ready for the baby shower and make sure the house is spotless. We still have to steam clean all of the carpet and repaint the baseboards and add a shelf to two closets and dust and polish. Basically, add my penchant for list making with my wanting things to be perfect, and you get the idea. Besides, I will feel guilty if I am blogging and I still have things to cross off my to-do list:) It is better to get them all done and out of the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment