My sister Sarah is almost two-thirds finished with a new baby afghan for our sister in law's sister Stacy who just had a baby girl yesterday. It is light pink, light purple, and light yellow with a one-inch runner of white in between each color. It looks perfect. It will also have a light green border.
I decided that I want to write more about the crafts and projects I work on as well as post pictures of them on here. This year I would like to get all of my craft supplies organized and follow a schedule so I can work on many more things. Our sewing machine died, and so we finally got rid of it since it had been sitting around collecting dust. Now I am looking at all of the models, and types of machines to purchase.
I have predominantly been crocheting and feel like rediscovering the fun of knitting for a while this year. I want to organize by color all of the material I've collected over the years and finally make a quilt. I also have a lot of ornaments I want to paint and personalize. I have a plethora of recipes that I have clipped out, and a couple of spiral bound recipe books that are falling apart that I need to retype and get bound again.
So far we've been meeting our goal of having company over at least once a month to put all of the beautiful dishes that we have collected to use besides for family. I have been working on family history but not as much as I would like to do. I have plenty of sorting and organizing to do with my notes and information.
I just bought two family history books last Monday from a bookstore in Spanish Fork, Utah. The first is a John Joshua Tanner book, and the other is a Nathan Tanner Sr. book. Both books were $75 each. When I got the box last Thursday and opened it up, I could not believe my luck. The books were 30 and 40 years old and were in near mint condition. I look every so often online for copies of them, and both books are extremely hard to find. I feel so lucky to have discovered them, and in such great shape.
I plan to get all of the info from the books into a PAF file and then into a Gedcom as it is so much easier to search for and find information that way. I also like to work on digital scrapbooking and am trying to get a lot of pictures organized this year. I have soo many things I want to work on, and I just hope that I can get a lot done this year. I am going to start taking pictures of all of the completed crochet projects this week and will try and get some on here.
No comments:
Post a Comment