I can't believe that we are already into a new year. When did the time go by soo fast?
My niece Bryanna was supposed to get blessed on my sister Anna's birthday (Jan 4th), but due to a work emergency Bryan was called in, and the blessing was postponed. My sister Sarah had finished Bryanna's crocheted baby blanket at 1:45 a.m. that morning. It is a cute light pink and purple with a dark purple for the border. Bryanna really likes it.
The baby blessing ended up being on January 18th, and we had a nice luncheon afterward of taco salad, cherry limeade, and orange lemonade. We also made homemade pizza and salad for dinner. Yummy. It was good to see Bryan's family again. Bryanna was the star of the show and put up with lots of holding, hugging, kissing, and picture taking.
I finally started working on the storage room again to get it cleaned out and turned back into a bedroom before Eve gets back from Michigan. After spending a few days cleaning and organizing every drawer and cupboard in the house, we managed to get some room made in the bedroom. Our three pantries got supplies rotated, restocked, and a lot of canned goods got brought out of the bedroom.
The beginning of February brought lots of work on the garage to get it cleaned out. The month of February I helped my nephew Mathew with a science fair project. He worked on it steadily and did a good job on February 26th when he demonstrated it to his class. He got a nice A for his efforts.
For Valentine's Day, we made some cookies and also bacon wrapped asparagus. We spent time moving our bookcases out to the living room. All five of them with lots of shelves and books. I actually haven't finished rearranging the shelves how I like them yet. My goals for the next month are to get all of the bookshelves rearranged how I like them, organize my cookbooks, and get the kitchen organized again. Plus get the bedroom cleaned out.
No comments:
Post a Comment